Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wednesday a.m.

In a way I'm kind of glad at this time we are under some very large trees in the Adventureland RV park and my satellite can't get a signal. Sure I miss the news, I mean real and in depth news and what you get on local network channels via antenna is very very limited and not in depth at all. FOX News or even CNN News would sure be nice on a day like today this being yet another in a string of sad days in America over the past 3 or 4 years, and let me just leave it at that on this 2013 journey in the motor home. As a Christian I deeply sadden for this corrupt world we live in................................ On a brighter note we had another wonderful meal last night with Mark and Susan (Bev's brother and his wife)and much conversation into the bedtime hour. There was a lot of common ground in our conversations and that was a good thing, naturally we stayed far away from politics so as to make the evening that much more enjoyable. Once again we had rhubarb pie and ice cream for desert and I can say this is something I could get used to, a real Midwest treat if I do say so! One Midwest treat I'm really getting tired of is the gloomy skies and rain and storms, at times all these can really be a bummer let me tell you. You do realize very soon how much "Sun Shine" each morning is something glorious to wake up to and blue skies 98% of your days is so taken for granted. I really in a way don't see what all the crap is about some temps in the 100's, what's the difference if you sit in the air conditioned house and go to the air conditioned car and back to avoid the heat? Here in this you sit in the house and run the air because it's so freaking humid and run to the car getting soaked by the rain and back into the house to get out of the rain once more...The difference is I'm not soaking wet, muddy, and in the dark! We all have our good and bad weather days no matter where we're at, but I sure feel better waking up to sun shine each day especially for 325 plus days out of the year........................................ You may have wondered why I started putting in all these periods (.) in like I have been lately, well for some reason in doing this blog even when and if I separate the paragraphs when it's finished and published it all runs together and no paragraph breaks. Now I've decided to put in a string of (.'s) to denote a paragraph or change of subject and hope it's not too confusing because as you know if you follow or read much of my stuff on FB etc. I notoriously us a sting of .... probably too often and where they shouldn't be used.....that's just me!.................... Another lazy day for me, thought maybe we'd be golfing today but shit the rest of the world has to work during the week and can't always take off to joint me on the links. Beverly has been busy and in some ways (financially for sure) that's a good thing, but I'm sure she's getting anxious to get out on the golf course once more. We will be doing some of that when we get to Superior, WI. for sure and that's just a few days away after tomorrow. On tap for tonight is a what I believe is going to be a traditional Japaneses dinner prepared in front of us, this is in combinations with and for Mason's birthday party (Bob and Jill's son). The next two nights will be with the whole Des Moines family, the dinner tonight and then the BIG and it's going to be just that I hear 190 guest retirement party for Mark. It will surely be a very proud moment for his family and a wonderful tribute and send off into retirement to a hardworking, dedicated, conservationist in the State of Iowa. I can see already this will be a very hard thing for him to leave and give up completely, Mark may never really be retired!

No comments:

Post a Comment