Monday, June 10, 2013

Started the day off by finding I left my phone in the Jeep overnight and Russ had called last night and twice this morning letting me know him and Scott had a tee time at Emis golf course for 8:00 a.m. and it's 8:15 when I find it. As I look down at it Russ calls once more and clues me in on the situation and I'm totally unprepared, wearing jeans and a long sleeve sweater type shirt. It was freaking cold this morning and that's how I was dressed when he called, I said that I was in jeans and he said it was OK to wear jeans so off I went. I felt warm since it was so cold (to me anyway these dudes all wore shorts and T-shirts) but I felt like a slob and not a golfer in this get-up, we couldn't wear T-shirts and jeans in Phoenix to golf. Anyway it remained chilly in my opinion until about the 13th or 14th hole when the sun made an appearance between all the clouds and warmed it up a bit along with a touch of humidity. All in all it was fun because golfing is always better than working or chores but I remained uncomfortable in my attire and it showed in my game....did not score well at all. Got back to the RV park and decided to move the motor home because in the site we were at the ground was soft and I couldn't get the rig leveled to my liking. We ended up moving to what Cousin Robin and Johnny called the "Bettendorf annex" and I'm guessing for those back in Arizona this could only mean or be compared to us calling something the "Scottsdale annex". I think folks consider Bettendorf the Scottsdale of the Quad Cities made up of snooty folks or something like that, I disagree as far as comparing Bettendorf to Scottsdale it's just a suburb of Davenport and always will be. I did do a lot of hanging out there when in High school and beyond due to the fact that my girl friend at the time lived there and I hung out there most of the time. Called my good friend and buddy Dave Naab about hooking up a few times while we're here, Dave and Marilyn are very good friends and we enjoy our visits with them. Hopefully Marilyn is feeling better soon so we can get together, she's been under the weather for a few days now. We ended the night with a trip to BAM (a book store in an old Borders location) so Bev could pick up a couple of books to read and then made a brief stop at the Isle of Capri river boat to play a bit, not much luck and prefer Jumers because that's were Bob plays! It was too late to eat anything if we were sticking to our weight loss program, but a Maid-Rite sounded tasty so we thought we stop and have one on the way home............Wrong! We discovered once more that the majority of these types of things upon many others close very early compared to what we're used to. Maid-Rite closed at 9:00 p.m. but we did find a Steak N Shake up all night long for us night owls and were bad, very bad by having a double with cheese and a bowl of chili......yummy! Tomorrow going to see Mom again with Russ, still not sure about our standing with our niece Mandy and that situation. We were hoping to see her at lunch Friday with Mom but she decided not to come, really this whole thing needs to be resolved because life's too short. It's unfortunate but I'm already trying to figure out what to do for two weeks here, going to have to play more golf and we're praying for more sunshine. Need that sunshine in the morning to get that uplifting start to the day like we're used to!

No comments:

Post a Comment