Saturday, June 15, 2013

Triathlon outside my window

Sitting here watching the triathletes run/walk by the motor home on the road outside the park. They've locked us in from 6 am to 10:30 am so these folks don't get run over or anything. Rained in the earlier morning hours and has subsided to a drizzle now, wondering if these folks like it better being wet from a little rain or from sweating in all this humidity? We have a water station right here not more that 20 paces from my window and it amazes me how they get their cup of water and run/walk by the giant barrel/basket for the empty cups and only one in about 10 hits the barrel. It looks like they feel I'm beat someone else can pick up my trash......and that's a full time job for this guy at the watering hole! NO...now I'm thinking they drop those cups purposely 5 to 10 feet short of getting to the barrel......oh the little things that bother me! Had dinner with brother Russ and Cheryl last night at the Texas Roadhouse, good steaks good conversation and an early evening for a change. We made it back to the park before the gates locked at 10:30 pm, which makes not much difference this year since we're parked right up front near the entrance so the walk to the coach is just a few steps, Went to our nieces son's baseball game last night, Hunter Demeyer, before dinner with the brother and on the way made a quick call to my Mother just to say hi and remind her we'd be having lunch together on Saturday. As was said in the movie Pretty Woman....."Mistake, Big Mistake"! Mom called me back 12 times before I finally quit answering the phone, if you don't know she has a touch of the Dementia/Alzheimer and struggles with short term memory and knowing exactly where she's at and why. Being miles away for most of the year living in Arizona I'm beginning to understand more what my family here goes through being so close to Mom. I try and call her each week from Arizona and do for the most part and we seem to have a good but short conversation, she does call back once in a while but nothing like my family here tells me happens more often than not to them. This is sad to watch and was always one of my Mothers biggest fears for years and years. It did her no good to work all those crossword puzzles, take all that gingko crap, and all the other stuff she did in order to not "lose her mind" as she always put it. Looking forward to what lunch brings, maybe a good story or two for tomorrow. Tonight is open so far, not sure what is on tap but I know one thing this is too long to stay in Davenport when you're on a trip like we are. It's time to thing about getting the hell out of Dodge!

No comments:

Post a Comment