Thursday, June 13, 2013

A first...a nice day weather wise in Davenport.

Sun shine, light breeze, temps in the low 80's with lower humidity.....now that's more like it. Did some cleaning around the coach today after sleeping in until about 9:30, windows open air off and the breeze feels good. Bev finished a little work and we headed for a little golf at Duck Creek golf course, this is more to Bev's liking as far as the distance goes. All the rain made for a very green course but the rough was kind of like U.S.Open rough if you know what I mean. After the round with Russ and Scott at Emeis Monday even though I couldn't hit my #3 wood and chucked it during my last round in Phoenix, I missed having something to hit the second (and sometimes third) shot into the green. I bought the new 3 wood (metal) and gave it a go today............wow it works and pretty good too, can't wait to hit it again. A big no no was stopping at the Pizza Ranch for an early dinner before meeting up with Dave and Marilyn, the place is great but not for someone trying to lose a few pounds. This is one restaurant we don't need in Phoenix unless I owned the franchise, it would be a big hit and produce a whole lot of fat folks! Dave and Marilyn feed the poor folks each Thursday night and then hit the boat for an hour or so, yep we met them at about 6:30 for an hour of so and was down a few bucks when they had to leave. On the way out I grabbed the free money of my players card ($20) and put in a $1 poker machine, hit four 6's for $250 and then changed to .50 shock wave and hit four a kind for $62.50 and then another four of a kind in shock wave mode for $2000...........the kitty is back to a tidy some once more. Already thinking of how much I'll miss the kids on Fathers Day, we'll face-time but it won't be the same. I miss my family in Phoenix. Need to take Mom out for lunch or something, having a hard time getting to see her as much as I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment