Monday, June 29, 2015

Hail..Hail...Hail...and not the gangs all here!

     Bev has been under the weather, sore throat, head cold, stuffed up and all that.  She planned on working a bit this morning then maybe an afternoon trip to Grand Marais, but it's now 2:20 pm and she's still at he computer and I'm going nuts and the damp weather is driving her nuts I guess.
     We just weathered a storm the likes of which we have never encountered in the motor home before, rain, hail, wind and lots of it.  The hail was the size of quarters (a sample pictured below) and sounded like the end was coming the way it hit on this rigs roof, and it now looks as if we're on our own little Island..........yes surrounded by large puddles.
      The newly repair awning arm/spring did just fine, the prayers were answered, so now I've closed it up and will roll it back out tomorrow to dry off a bit.                                                                                                 It's suppose to dry out by tomorrow and we have another round of golf planned with friends Alan and Kathy from Orangewood........(I just typed Orangeweed.....hahaha our friends from there will understand why the hahaah!) so at least that's what we're hoping for.  We may have to add another day onto our Superior stop to make up for basically missing this entire days planned activities.
     It's now day 4 without a TV and only one local channel in the bedroom, believe it or not we're surviving just fine.  I only know whats happening in the world from FB and we know that could be a two sided coin for sure.  I did manage with Matt's help to get into a place called Couchtuner our of the EU and was able to watch a couple of episodes of Mad Men which we've been waiting for Netflix to air and still haven't.........pretty good site, they have it all.  Lisa and Jack gave me a few DVD's for Fathers Day as part of my gift, classics which I've seen way way to many times but still love watching, those will come in handy now too.
     Well I think I hear movement in the back bedroom, maybe we'll get something done together today after all................or maybe I'll venture out on my own!





No comments:

Post a Comment