Thursday, June 18, 2015

Matt and Dayani bring the sunshine!

     I'm going to get the car washed inside and out this morning, yes the forecast is calling for sunshine for at least the next three days as it stands now!  Matt and Dayani and Dalila arrived last night after a day from hell in airports.  Delays, missed connections, having to rent a car and drive in order not to lose a day of their short stay in Iowa, all that made for a long day.  Silver lining in all this, I believe they brought the sunshine with them from the Dominican Republic to the Quad Cities!  Whatever it takes it's a very welcomed sight for sure.

     If Matt and his family catch up on some sleep and get up early enough the kids are making yet another trek to the "Field of Dreams" but it will be a first for Dayani.  Bev and I are going to skip it this year, 3 times is enough for us, besides the sun will be shining and the car needs a good cleaning!  We have a family dinner at my sister's place tonight at 5:00 pm, a chance for Matt and the family to see Grandma and some cousins and Aunt Nancy and Uncle Phil.  I can't believe it will be Happy Joe's Taco pizza..........what's the fascination anyway, isn't pizza Italian?

     The rain and wind over the past week has caused some minor damage to our awning, I'm hoping I can get it in to Thompson's RV up the road on Monday or Tuesday to have it checked out.

     Well I guess our friends in Phoenix would welcome the cool rainy days we've been experiencing, record heat for the next week or so for this time of year is what I'm hearing.  110's to the 115's for a while is the reason we leave for the summers now, I miss waking up to the sun each day, but not the triple digits for weeks on end..................but it is a "dry heat" remember and it is a bit more bearable.  Stay thirsty my friends back home, as I know you will!


No comments:

Post a Comment