Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Adventureland, Altoona, Iowa( 6/3/15)

     If you'll notice the post heading says Adventureland, Altoona, Iowa..........yep give Altoona it's due, not DesMoines but Altoona!  Oh well like any other city, the suburbs and the cities all run together anymore.
     Well we arrived a day early and lucky for us Adentureland could accommodate us in the site we had booked for a week, we love this park and a fair price at $35/night full-hookups.  In some respects in seems we haven't left from last year, the skies are all cloudy and we must have had 2 or 3 inches of rain last night!  Since entering Colorado we haven't seen much of the sun, and forcast say it will be hit or miss for the rest of the week..............I want to golf.  Like a lot of folks, I'm not a great golfer but there's not a better place to spend 4-5 hours on a nice day, a beautiful golf course.
     I think the guy's name is "Marty" and why I can't remember that is beyond me (maybe getting old has something to do with it) he's has a barber shop in Des Moines.  Bob Carico turned me on to him a few years back and I've been stopping in every year since, a big and I mean big Iowa Hawkeye fan!  He even knows a bit about Arizona so we find plenty to talk about.  Jack needs a haircut bad and I will get a trim for kicks, we'll take care of this while the girls and getting their usual "mani-peddi" at their favorite spot in Pleasant Hill area.
     Well it's midweek and all our family in the area have jobs to attend to, so as long as the rain lets up we'll just get some of that kind of stuff taken care of............retirement comes with certain downs, but way..way more ups!  Next,breakfast (late) and a walk.


No comments:

Post a Comment