Tuesday, July 30, 2013

California, near the Bay area...Pleasanton, CA.

     Holy cow why didn't someone tell me it's been 4 days since the last blog?  I apologize for letting you all hanging, no excuse just didn't sit down to the computer.  I'll try and catch up in short order......if I can be short.
     We left Oregon heading for California not know exactly what and where we were going.  I have cousins in the Sacramento area and in Modesto just west of the Bay area and we know we'd be stopping there to visit.  Oregon was a high point in the travels, it is a most beautiful State and we couldn't believe what all they grew there. As I mentioned here is so much beside lumber that comes from Oregon, not an acre without something growing on it and along the coast line the beauty is a whole different type of beauty, the ocean is very picturesque.  I'm sure of one thing, Oregon will be a State we come back to from time to time if not just to get to and from Montana or Washington and Idaho.
     There is this noise that keeps getting a bit louder as we go in the coach drive train or at least I think that's where it's coming from.  I stopped at at RV service center yesterday in Redding, California were we spent the night last night, and had the service manager take the coach for a ride to hear what I was talking about.  After we road long enough to hear what I was talking about he crawled underneath and surmised it was Transmission, but he was unsure what it was.  Maybe a catalytic converter, a baffle of some sort, flywheel....he just didn't or have a clue.  He suggested a truck transmission shop to look at it even though he didn't think it was a transmission problem, but maybe they might know what it was.  The thing drives great, the trans fluid is clean and not burnt, shifting is very good and not noise or problems.  If you know what this might be give me a call, it only happens when I letting off the gas and coasting, not when there is a pull on the engine or trans!  Any ideas Freddie?  If I find a shop on the way here to there I may stop but I thing I may just see if I can make it back home without problems.
     O.K. we're in Pleasanton, CA. just east of the Bay area, we're here for 3 days and will sight see from this as a home base for those three days.  A ride into San Francisco for sure, maybe up to Napa, San Jose is a idea or a second day in San Francisco because we both love going there and enjoy the Bay and the food.  You might be wondering why Pleasanton and it's only because where it's located with respect to Modesto and then back up to Sacramento.  We have reservations outside of Modesto for a couple of days to visit my cousin Bill Paper and his family, then we have a weeks reservations in Sacramento (near old town) where cousin Rich Paper and his wife Lynn live and their family and also cousin Don Paper an his wife Sharon and their family.  This should be about a week and a half full on keeping very busy and we can't wait.
     As soon as we entered California from Oregon Bev got a little bummed, she was noticeably upset and it was that from the coast of Oregon we started heading south into California and in doing so were actually heading down the last leg of the journey and it sadden her a bit.  I must say even though we still have about 4 weeks it does seem like it's winding down.  All good things must come to an end I guess, but it may not be too long between ventures next time.
     After all is done in the next week and a half and we must leave the Sacramento area we're hoping to have some cash left to head over to Tahoe for a few days  before making the final GPS setting for the Friendly Village of Orange Wood in Phoenix!
     I'll try not to leave you all hanging like the past few days............................  











No comments:

Post a Comment