Friday, July 16, 2010

Peoria, Illinois

Just couldn't make it all the way in, it got late and I'm too tired to make it any farther than just outside of Peoria. Right now in a rest area getting ready to take a few hour nap or maybe more and head on into the Quads and West Lake Park tomorrow a.m. early. A couple of days in the Quad Cities and then onto Des Moines on Tuesday a.m. early also!

A couple of things I forgot to mention in the past few days blogs so let's get those taken care of right now.................Aunt Bea's is actually in Mt. Airy and that's where Andy Griffin was born and raise and Mayberry was pattered after Mt. Airy is what I'm told. Galax is a quaint little town where my neighbor Carlisle was born and raised, now I must ask him about a few things upon our return to Phoenix and the first will be: What in the same hell is "Liver Pudding"? If that's what it sounds like, that would be sick! Signs from Cana to Galax to Pipers Gap advertising "Liver Pudding" you've got to be kidding me. The Blue Ridge Parkway is very nice and spooky too, deep, deep trees lining both sides of the narrow road and dense as hell. I would have like to see more of the country side, but couldn't see the forest for the trees and low hanging clouds thick as fog.

Last item for tonight is in reference to my two ladies on this trip. Yes I've had two women on this trip and both as navigators. If you own a GPS you know that the voice can be change to a number of options and I'm partial to english speaking Samantha whom I lovingly like to call Sam. Sam is cool and gets me anywhere just not always the most direct or the way I'd go at times. Bev and Sam are at odds now and then and we've had not one but many spats now and then over Bev and Sam and who's direction I should follow. I must say I'm usually siding with Sam and that's not always the thing to do to keep a happy coach ride. The main problem with Sam is that she doesn't realize what I'm driving, towing and how much room I need to turn and the size streets I need to navigate. Sam also thinks I can turn around on a dime and with the hitch system I have backing up is usually not permitted, so me and Sam get in a bit of trouble now and again with not much sympathy from Bev...................sorry honey, but your still the best navigator I've ever had (honey being Bev don't ya know!)

No comments:

Post a Comment