Wednesday, July 14, 2010

BMS (Bristol Motor Speedway)

Yep right here in the heart of the left turn circuit, Bristol Motor Speedway and it was and is an awesome site. Spent the past day and a half visiting cousin Darilyn and her family and she took us on a tour of her pride and joy...........Bristol. I'm talking some avid NASCAR folks, I thought I new a few of them (NASCAR folks) but I've just visited the heart and soul of this sport. Cousin Walt is a close second I'd say but not like my friends and family in Tennessee, like I said true lovers of NASCAR. Our visit was short but sweet, yep sweet like a great piece of apple pie, real cinnamon apple pie! Why apple pie.........because I had more than just one drink of something called apple pie and it was super! Let me just say for now than I'm bringing a "mason jar" of the stuff home (if it make's it that far and if not I have he recipe) and will share some of it along the way. When it comes to making it the only ingredient I might have trouble rounding up would be the main ingredient and that would be "shine"! Don't forget where I'm at folks, I'm in Tennessee and I'm not sure that ingredient is as abundant in Arizona. I'm told I could substitute ever clear but then my apple pie would be more for sissies......so I'm told.

We're starting to work our way back towards the Mid West and Des Moines and the Quads again...............amazingly enough we still have a buck in our pockets and gas money so we prayer for good weather and no problems! As far as the weather goes, even rain and T-Storms seems to be good weather if your from around these parts or anyplace east of the Missouri river or so it seems! We do miss our dry weather I'm telling no lies when I say that, humidity is for.......other than corn is all I can think of.............not much good for anything or anybody as far as we're concerned.

Spent last night in Warrior's Path State Park, very nice place and set-up as are most State parks, would surely stay here again if the chance ever arises (I think she would, surely that is). Getting ready to shower and hit the road, it's now about 9:30 am and Bev is finishing up her shower and I'm next, be on the road in about an hour I'm guessing. See ya tonight or tomorrow..........

No comments:

Post a Comment