Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Another one of those days..........

Yes sir, today was another one of those not do to much days. Bev spent most her morning doing laundry here at the park while I looked for a barber to get my ears lowered a bit. She got the whole hair enchilada yesterday so today it was my turn in the chair. Punch "barber shops" into the GPS and came up with three in a 5 or 6 mile radius of the park so off I went to the first. Closed, and now a tattoo shop so on to number 2 and it was close to where GPS said but just before I drove off I seen it next to a tattoo joint. A place called Marty's Barber shop so out I went and up to the door, upon entering I could see Marty sitting in a customers chair, paper open to a page and eyes shut tight. Marty made me look skinny, had a belly that makes mine look almost normal believe that or not. Anyway my entering woke Marty up and as he scrambled up from the chair said "howdy, I usually close early on Wednesdays" and then he said "but I'll cut yours if you'd like"! I had to get back to the park to help Bev fold the laundry so into the chair I jumped! We talked about everything you could think of, Arizona, Iowa, weather, moving, Des Moines water, his son who works for the water works, fishing, NASCAR, and the Hawkeys..........a huge Hawk fan he was! This guy new every game and who played where and what bowl game they went to and he was at those games also. Let's just say after I entered he locked the door (because he closes early on Wednesday) and no interuptions were allowed until he finished each story right at 1 hour and 45 minutes later! And most of you know me, you might say we "educated each other".

The evening took us to Bev's brother place for dinner, and another fine dinner it was.....chicken grilled, salad and "grimes corn" yep we've learned the folks in Iowa and in the know eat "Grimes Corn" and I believe that from the Grimes farm too! If you know your corn on the cob it's peaches and creme corn, that's what they call it and it's mighty tasty too. Trying to figure a way to bring some home but it might not last a week in the basement of the coach. Nieces Laura and Christina were in attendance and Laura's husband John of Toad Valley golf course fame and their son Brynner and of Course brother-in-law Mark and sister-in-law Susan who cooked this dinner.

You know it's 12:45 here in Iowa and I'm tired, see you all tomorrow and hopefully it's more action packed for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment