Sunday, May 2, 2010

What's happening to our houses.....and cheap tomatoes

These are bad times, bad times for a lot of people I know. This housing thing is becoming a real nightmare to so many friends and family members I know it's scary! You see ad's and interviews with bankers from banks like Chase saying on local and national news, "we don't want your house, we will do anything to keep families in their homes"............."if you come in we'll find a way to modify or help in some way." This is a crock of bullshiit let me tell you, we still have our home and for some reason we got a modification...........why, I don't know. Maybe we talked to the right person at the right time I can't say but we got a bit of help, not much but a token amount anyway. I know friends who have lost their homes, others on the verge of losing theirs and other friends and family members being told they can get modifications.

In one breath the mortgage holder will say we're tying to see if we can modify your loan and the next thing you hear is "we've got your house on a short sale list"............what, I did not ask for my house to be put up for short sale, I'm still trying to make the payments! In another case a friend is told they are working on his modification and out of the blue get a notice to vacate in 7 days the house is sold, no other warning, no other questions or comments. I know of another that is making $400 less than the total of his families bills each month and was declined for a "obama modification" because he made too much money.

I live in Arizona and yes we are one of the states with a declining housing market, and in a lot of case I know folks who's homes are worth 37% to 50% less than they owe on them and being told the market is not coming back for a few more years! Hell I've contemplated picking up and leaving my beautiful home for the same reasons but just can't get myself to do it. I have a number of friends and family that have up and left their homes, sacrifice the credit problems for a few years rather than pay through the nose for something just not worth it.

Our President and Congress worry more about getting illegal immigrants taken care of in so many ways rather that providing jobs for our legal citizens. It is a damn shame when we as American citizens have to pay for illegal immigrants to live here, provide them with free medical, free lunch in our schools for their children, let them wave the flags of their home land which they so desperately wanted to leave and pay their taxes for them so they can receive refunds too boot!

Do you realize in order for us to have cheap tomatoes we need to keep this illegal cheap help in our country................well the illegal that makes $5 to $6 an hour also gets the above benefits and many, many more. As a matter of fact with all the freebees the illegal making $5 an hour gets they are in reality making more on the lines of $25 to $30 an hour! Screw the cheap tomatoes, let me pay through the nose for the tomatoes and not have to pay for hundreds of thousands of illegals benefits for living in our country illegally.

I believe all are welcome in America, but like for years and years before they must get legal and learn our language, no excuses, if you want to live here wave our flag and pay your own way!

No comments:

Post a Comment