Sunday, September 22, 2013

2 Weeks back in Phoenix

     Well it's been right at 2 weeks back in Phoenix and it's not the heat that makes me want to hit the road again already it's just that itch!   We haven't played a round of golf since returning, been a little hot compared to where we've been and what we're used to the past 3 months.  I might go down to the course and plays few holes today later.........or maybe not!  Hooked up with old friends Fred and Ruth last night, was good catching up and good to see that they're do well.  We do miss our friends and family while on the road, but then it again it's even  nicer catching up upon returning from the road.
     The golf cart batteries were dead beyond reviving when we got back so I bought 6 new ones and now we're back in business on that front, I love cruising the park in the cart and visiting and hope to throw in some walking now that I'm back on the weight control regiment.  Let me tell you on this past trip there was a lot of visiting friends all across the country, a few days here and a week there and in doing so there was a lot more eating out than home cooking in the coach.  Yes you can guess what that meant, some weight gain and not just a little unfortunately.  I had ballooned up to 335 pounds a few months before we hit the road and went online to www.myfitnesspal.com and by the time we left had gotten down to 300.6 pounds and didn't bother to check the scale on the road.  Upon returning I jumped (gingerly) on our scale and had regressed to 322 and since I've gotten back down to 318 and promise to keep going down!  Hey, it's that or my life expectancy will be greatly reduced from the 80 plus years old that it is nowto something much less and we don't want that.  Wish me luck folks!
     My daughter turns 40 this year and my son just turned 38.......are you kidding me?  Where has the time gone and if their that old how in the hell old am I, it's a bit scary thinking about it at times but everyone gets there and goes there it's just that I don't believe I'm reading for my kids to be middle age and that's exactly what they are I guess.  The times are tough and the things going on in our country are pretty scary to say the least, it always makes me think back to the wholesome times in years past.  Growing up today is a real challenge and I'm feel blessed to have been raised and to have grown up in the decades I did.  I pray times change and things go around once more for my grand kids and soon!
     Lets just stop there for now................... 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment