Monday, August 19, 2013

Very lazy and relaxing day today.




     In preparation for the dinner/dancing cruise tonight we're taking a day of relaxation, even Bev is caught up a bit on her work.  The site we're parked on is a bit uneven and I once again this morning tried to re-level and added some blocks to help, it's tolerable now let's put it that way.
     I took a walk around the camp grounds this morning after by chores were done ( besides re-leveling I had to fix a minor leak in the water line from the outside panel of the refrigerator, no problem just a snugging of a fitting) and believe me I feel the altitude in my breathing.  We're at 7400 feet and this can take a minor toll on even young lungs not to mention these old one I have, and the additional weight doesn't help either.  Speaking of weight both Bev and I can't wait to get home for one reason besides missing the kids and grand kids and that's to get back on our weight loss regiment.  Of the 33 pounds I had lost before we left I'm relatively sure I've put 2/3 of that back on and that makes me sick because it's too hard to take off!
     Anyway while walking that little bit I took a few pic's I'll share on this blog for those that won't maybe see them on FB if and when I post them.  No wind to speak of, 5-10 mph is the most expected and slight chance of rain today and tomorrow (40%) but it looks very sunny right now and I hope you can imagine the beauty of these trees and rocks in the pic's.
     The pic's tomorrow will include Emerald Bay on Lake Tahoe, I understand it's one of the most photographed places in the country.  The shear beauty of the cove and the depth of the crystal clear water is supposed to be awe inspiring and we can't wait to take it all in.  They say you can drop a shiny penny over board and watch it for what seems like forever descending to the bottom which is literally hundreds upon hundreds of feet deep.







No comments:

Post a Comment