Friday, June 2, 2017

Temps are rising!

     Our first week can't end too soon, the temps next week here will be in the 106's to the 110's and we see our next stop will be a bit cooler.  Cherry Valley forecast looks to be in the 80's and that we can handle, hope that will be the case.
     Riding into town today, driving along the Colorado river I couldn't help but think of all this great river does for so many.  Just the fact that it supplies water to so many in itself is amazing, but the sheer enjoyment it bring all year to water craft enthusiasts amazes me.  Here it is Friday and the river for as far as I can see in either direction from our camp at Havana Springs to Parker, AZ is already bustling with boats of all sizes.  Then to that you add the jet skies, wave runners and floating devices and you have fun running amok!
     The small to the very large canyons it forms, like the Grand Canyon are in themselves a major pary of the beauty of this river and the great southwest we call home.  We've been tempted more than a few times to join the watercraft crowd, at one time wave runners to most recently pontoon boats.  Yes I heard all the stories of the two "best days of my life"......when I bought my boat, and when I sold my boat!  At this point I'll just wait for my family or friends to take me out when they join the club!
     I can't help but think today that in years past we'd be setting up camp at Adventureland in Des Moines for a week about now, then onto Davenport for both family reunions after that.  With all that's happen in our country this past year and some of the feeling not shared by some, this is going to be bitter sweet to some.  I just hope both reunions have the same and even more enthusiasm as the past few years.  I'm a firm believer we need to keep these family units and gatherings going strong especially for the little one to know their extended families.  Hope to see a lot of pictures from my nieces and nephews of these gatherings in the days following on FB etc.
     Well the library is closed here on Friday, Saturdays and Sundays, so our wifi today is Bev's hotspot while taking up space in a McDonalds......get me out of here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment