Monday, August 11, 2014

Home again...Home again...jigidy jig.

     Well we ended up coming home earlier that expect by us and our family.  We showed up at grandson Jack's 8th birthday party to the surprise of family and friends attending yesterday.  On the way to the party Bev and I both looked at each other and said "you know after a day or two of catching up with family we both will wish to be back on the road" and we will and do each year it seems.  The back problems I've been having helped put a damper on the past few weeks, with Bev's knee doing so well and her wanting to get back out on the golf course my back just didn't want to cooperate.  It was starting to feel better a bit after leaving the Sacramento area but then while golfing in Watsonville early on I jumped on a 3 wood shot and tweaked it all over again and seems a bit worse.  At this point not sure what I'm going to do, I'm leaning towards my joint and back doctor right now to start with.  Bev wants me to try her chiropractor first I know, but I'm just not sure about that at present.
     I have a grocery bag (the new cloth ones everyone has now) full of mail to go through, you and I both know it will be well over 95% junk, but I'm one of those guys that looks at it all..........you never know you might find a gem in amongst the garbage!
     I've got to get down to the motor home today or tomorrow and get it ready to sit a while and then decide when and where I'll be getting this list of a few items taken care of as far as maintenance goes.  We've got one of the three slide-outs hanging up a bit when bringing it in, the small closet one in the bedroom and then the handle on the crank up antenna came loose and that I can take care of with a new handle.  I'm going to have the tires checked, they look pretty good as of yet but I believe I notice a little wearing on the front tires to one side that of each one....just might be a problem to take care of before leaving next trip.  The tires have over 40,000 miles on them and really look good from the laymen point of few but my gut says new tires at least on the front.  The coach has 49,400 miles on it now and I replace two very early with cracks on one and a bulge on another around 10,000.  We also developed a water leak somewhere when hooked up to city water towards the end of the trip, I believe it's somewhere in a line from the toilet.  Going to check with LaMesa who replaced the toilet before we left and were supposed to check lines for leaks at that time, nothing really major I think but very annoying!  All in all not a bad punch list for the miles and terrain traveled over the past few years, but it seems now each trip it's something and that gets old.  Just hope if it's anything big the warranty takes care of it again.
     A lot of debris around the yard to clean up today, the couple of storms they had here the past few weeks did some damage in the park, but luckily all we got was a dusty porch and leaves and dirt in the car-port and patio area.  Going to pick the golf cart up from Matt's this morning, gotta get to cruising the park and let the folks know we're back and available for PNP (park patrol) but I do plan on doing more walking this year.  Speaking of walking brings me to my weight loss program and how I've been doing.  Last year the journey of 2013 cost me 24 pounds, yes in that time I gain back 23 pounds while traveling visiting friends and family.  It took me almost until the time to leave this year to get that back off and I did plus a few pounds, and I vowed not to let it happen again this year.  Well mission accomplished, I did gain but only 8 pounds and I've already taken 2 pounds of that off in he past two days.  It's been hard for me, at my age now and not getting as much exercise it's very hard to lose especially since I really love a good meal especially Italian dishes and good old meat and potatoes as I was raised on.  With the help of  http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ I've lost  38 pounds and now can continue working on my second goal of hitting 250 before next years journey if not sooner I hope!
     OK a bit off track there, but hope you enjoyed hearing about where we had been and what we seen and discovered along the way.  As usual we enjoy this journey very much and seen and stayed in some great places once more and had fun with family and friends along the way.  That being said we really can't wait to get "back on the road again" very soon, who knows maybe even a winter journey this next year.   I plan on blogging more now between journeys and will try to stay away from political stuff but may give an opinion now and again because you know I've always got one of those.  See ya around the water cooler..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment