Wednesday, May 21, 2014

When will it end?

     Can you imagine a Surgeon Generals warning on your cheese burger from the fast food restaurant?  Can you imagine an extra tax on the purchase of an order of fries from that local choke and puke down the street?  How about a warning on that "Chicago Dog" you throw down from Joey's stating this is a warning, "this dog may cause serious health problems now and into the future"!  I didn't believe it when they took cigarette ads off radio and television due to the same reason and the Surgeon Generals warnings, is this too in our future?  Can you imagine no McDonald's commercials or Jack-in-the-Box and his giant ping pong ball head?  I know that's a lot of questions and I do think this will never come to fruition because of the dollars involved, but it's being talked about.  The folks that propose crap like this ought to just plain "butt out" and stop trying to make everyone's like as boring as theirs. 
     I'm on a weight lose program with Myfittnesspal and have virtually gave up fast food and it's working for me right now anyway and I hope into the future.  I've never ate so many salads, chicken and fish and so little red meat and pasta and potatoes but seem to be doing just fine.  It's been over a year and a few months and I'm down 35 pounds (doctor always tells me it's better to take it off slowly...yep that's slow) but this is off the subject of this blog.  Even though I've basically stopped eating fast food I don't think I should tell someone else they shouldn't and damn sure don't think our government should be dictating what and when we eat what we eat!
     You can blame most of this on technology, I feel these problems would not exist as they do if the last two generations lived and played the way my generation did and those before me.  If you sit around the house, car, work place, and have your face in a smart phone, tablet, or computer or many other devices like this without adding exercise what else can one expect?  We don't need the government running our lives by dictating what we should and shouldn't eat, drink or smoke!  Hell what's wrong with folks that even what to stop a person from trying vapor smoking to stop smoking tobacco products because they don't like it.  Stop all this over regulating which will cause more over taxing and controlling our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment