Monday, January 4, 2010

Social Security Cards..........

What do you do with your Social Security card? Do you carry it in your purse or wallet or have it stuck away in your dresser drawer? Did you put it somewhere and have now that I reminded you forgot where you stuck it? I will tell you that mine is in my wallet as of today, but not sure about tomorrow. I got my SS card sometime in 1960 I believe and it's been in my wallet ever since, and it looks like it's been in there for 50 years! The reason I mention this is that my wife (Bev) lost her purse in front of a Wal-mart just before Christmas, her purse was in her cart but not zipped closed. If you've been to a Wal-mart and other stores they have 5 inch high bumps every 2 inches apart in rather larger areas in front of all doors for handicap reasons. I would think for those in wheel chairs would even find it hard to maneuver over these small mountain ranges in from of stores today. Anyway I'm sure if you've been over these small mountain ranges with a shopping cart you know what I mean when I say eggs have been known to break, items rock and roll all over the cart and if stacked too high will jump right over the edge of the cart. Well Bev's wallet was in her unzipped purse and jumped right out onto the drive in front of a Wal-mart while doing a bit of Christmas shopping. As soon as she got to the car she realized it was gone and ran back into the store to see if someone had turned it in to security.........no such luck. Upon leaving the store for a second time and after calling me to cancel all credit cards, debit cards etc. she seen the bell ringing Santa by the front door of the store. Hey there did you happen to see a black wallet on the walk or in the drive? Yes mam, in was in the middle of the drive right on the other side of this small mountain range and a old beat up pickup pulling a trailer of junk stopped jumped out and picked it up and sped off in a big hurry! So now we're getting our replacement cards and finding that so far the quick canceling of cards etc. has worked and to this point the thieves spent the $20 cash and haven't had any luck using anything else in her wallet. Bev does not carry her SS card with her or in her wallet and doesn't have to worry about losing that, had her drivers license replaced and the old number will not work anymore. So far I'd say we were lucky and due to some quick action might be OK now with all cards canceled or replaced with new etc. But to get back to the Social Security question, where is your card right now? I think I'll put mine in a safe place where I'll be wondering the next time I need it......................where in the hell did I hide that darn SS card? Should I be consider ID protection?

You all be careful now when crossing all those small mountain ranges that are very hard to walk on and impossible to roll a shopping card across without doing major damage to bottles and eggs etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment