Sunday, July 9, 2017

Oregon.......we have arrived.

     First stop in Oregon is Coos Bay along the coast mid state I'd say.  We plan on spending a little time here in Oregon maybe getting some things done to the coach if the price is right!  We had a great time in California and visiting family in the Sacramento is always nice, we miss seeing them the rest of the years.  If you follow Bev or I or both on FB you've seen a lot of pictures from the July 4th bash at Don and Sharon's to golf and the road in and the road out of California.
     The pictures on FB of the coast line of California and especially the early scenes of Oregon are amazing, and we've traveled way more of the Hwy 101 this trip than ever before.........no interstates or freeways after Santa Barbara and even some of the Hwy 1.  I do get tired of the ups and downs of the roads and the winding curves which can take a toll on ones arms and psyche, just ask Beverly!  I will add that most of the other vehicles on the road wish me and other motor home travelers would take different routes, but what the heck.  I do pull off when possible to let everyone by but it seems California has very few "slower traffic lanes" on their roads, we have already found Oregon has many many more and it was smooth sailing this morning.  For a Sunday the 101 from Crescent, CA to Coos Bay was really light, not many travelers from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm anyway so I didn't ruffle too may feathers today so far!
     Tomorrow we begin the quest of an RV repair and remodeling shop to start getting ideas and the cost of what we can do to upgrade our 11 1/2 year old coach which I noticed this morning is nearing 69,000 miles on it.  We may be in Oregon for at least a week or two if I'd have to guess.....just hope we can get some stuff done!
     Two blogs today, both short and sweet in my estimation..........readership is actually down this trip, am I getting boring or do most of you hate this anymore?  If you'd like let me know via a FB post or something, thanks in advance for your input.

No comments:

Post a Comment