Sunday, June 19, 2016

Sunday a.m. 6/19 Happy Fathers Day

     Happy Fathers Day to me (and all the fathers out there), one of the downer's to being on the road and away from my family on this day.  I miss my kids today and really miss my grand kids today!  Maybe I'll get a surprise face time call or phone call later (we are two hours ahead here in Davenport and it's now only 7:00 am.
     After a week full of golf, yes we played 3 time this past week and are very thankful the weather has cooperated so well this year, now we gear up for the next venture down the road tomorrow morning.  We will be heading toward Branson, Mo. in the morning and even though it's only like 10 hours south it will probably be two days travel for us.
     The weight loss plans we have been on since the end of February have taken a bit of a hit these past 3 weeks in Iowa, but in a way we kind of expected that.  Now on the rest of our journey we can do more of our eating in the coach and not restaurants with family and friends.  Bev has been afraid to step on the scale, but I have and this 3 weeks cost me 7 pounds of the 31 I had lost before leaving Phoenix.  Better meals and maybe a little more golf and walking and we will get back on track for our goals!
     After a Mexican feast last night we will be going to a BBQ at niece and nephew John and Katheryn's place just like last year, only like I said the kids won't be with us this time.  It still will be nice to be with family today and we thank them for the hospitality and thoughtfulness.  I would like to see my Mom once more before we leave, not sure if that will happen though.  Our second visit with Mom at the Lutheran Home was a bit more enjoyable, she actually for the most part remembered who we were and that was good.  It's emotional seeing her like that, but this place is so nice and they really all love her there and take great care of her..........she seems really happy!  Until you are in this situation of your Mother not knowing who you are you can't imagine how sad it make you.  It has to be the worst, but she continues to smile and we wonder what she is really thinking inside.  Not sure she new who we were when we left the other day, but upon greeting her she said "Michael" and that was so nice the hear!!!
     Well I need to start putting the outside things away, like chairs and grille and get ready to dump sewer etc. so we can be all set to head out in the morning.  I make it sound like a chore, and it is, but really just a routine we have gotten into and it's not all that bad.  It the bending down that gets me the worst but that comes with age I  guess.  I've stocked up on Boetje's (pronounced Boat-Chee) stone ground mustard made right here in the Quad Cities and some Jim's Rib Haven BBQ sauce.  The Boetje's is a Five time worldwide award winning mustard!!!
     Next blog will most likely come from Missouri and the Branson area.




   

No comments:

Post a Comment