Friday, May 31, 2013

Day/night before departure

OK we're in full swing now, my glasses came in yesterday and now we can leave on Saturday. Brought the motor home down to the lot next door to finish loading up and doing some minor cleaning, like windows, getting pictures back up etc. The Carpet needs replacing and Bev wants wood instead, but in the mean time I might just get a 5x6 rug for under the table for this trip or until we get to Oregon and check out the pricing in and around Bend, Oregon. I woke up this morning to my lowest weight since January 1st and with the hauling in and out and cleaning I'm already exhausted and may have hit or might hit my FIRST goal before we take off. For those that don't know Bev and I have been on a weight lose program of our own, basically numbers counting and logging daily on www.myfitnesspal.com, being accountable for what you eat each day. I started off great guns but have been in a real rut for the past month bouncing up and down between the same 4 to 5 pounds. My FIRST goal is to get below 300 pounds, sure sounds huge to you skinny folks but yep we topped out at 335 after the first of the year and tipped the scale this morning at 302 and feel like I lost that 2 pounds this morning already! By the way Bev is doing great also, down 25 to date and looking good! Enough of that stuff, back to the travels. Mike's pretty much all loaded and ready to hit the road and as you might imagine Bev hasn't started putting things in the motor home, she's been busy making gas money. I'm going to wait now until after dinner with the kids and then finish up my stuff and loading the basements and finish the windows, it will cool off this evening and like I said right now I'm exhausted. It will get more interesting starting tomorrow as we embark on our 5th summer journey exploring these United States and it's many little interesting cities and towns and sites. Between this blog and FB and e-mails I might just keep busy but love every minute of it.

1 comment: