Thursday, May 19, 2011

Maybe too harsh!

After thinking about it I might have been too harsh on those few good employee's in our government who actually earn their incomes and don't deserve the lazy tag as most others do. But the fact still remains that our government run postal service is in dire straights and will no doubt go out of business before too long or become a privately run company. I still contend that for the most part it's the overall customer service or lack there of within this agency that is helping in it's demise. You just can't have employees with the attitude that I'm here to put in my X number of hours and take all of my scheduled and unscheduled breaks regardless of who or how many folks are waiting in line.

In a privately run business not governed by a Union employee's do what they have to do to keep the costumer happy and returning, if that means getting up from a break and taking care of business that's what is done. Now I'm quite sure you won't see that happening too many times in our Post Offices and I'm sure most of you have witnessed the same. In all my years of managing the key to our success was number one Customer Service, without it we would have no customers or continue to lose customers to other ceramic flooring companies just like the Post Office is losing customers to the likes of FexEx or UPS.

So maybe after two blogs we can all agree the Customer service sucks in our government and not just the post office and it keeps costing us tax payers to keep these agency afloat...........again not all employees but you and I both know it most likely the majority!

No comments:

Post a Comment